aGLIFF Queer Youth Media Project
In collaboration with the Austin School of Film, aGLIFF hosts the Queer Youth Media Project (QYMP), which offers not only the entire movie making process, but also introduces participating students to theater, acting, casting calls, how to enter films into festivals, market films and find distribution as well as screening at the Annual Austin Gay & Lesbian International Film Festival!
We want to empower you with a platform for self expression as well as a highly instructive curriculum that teaches you the entirety of the filmmaking process. Your creativity and execution have the unique opportunity to be showcased at our Film Festival Program in the Fall co-presented by our partners at the Austin School of Film!
THE QUEER YOUTH MEDIA PROJECT
Offers Leadership Skills, Encourages Artistic Expression, Offers Involvement in Real World Issues, Facilitates Relationships Between Youth and the Community, Develops Community and Civic Skills, and Engages Youth from Different Cultures and Backgrounds.
HOW IT WORKS
Over the course of a one week summer program, students ages 14-20 will immerse themselves, along with our instructors, into the craft of filmmaking! You have creative control of depicting the current state of life for queer and ally youth while learning technical skills to communicate your stories. Tell your story through film, make new connections, meet industry professionals and be a part of defining your future!
- You must be able to attend all five days of the Queer Youth Media Project (QYMP) at Austin School of Film from 10am - 4:30pm.
- You must be able to arrange transportation to and from Austin School of Film everyday.
- Due to class filming schedule, some arrangements to meet at filmmaking locations may be necessary.
- You must be able to attend the Queer Youth Media Project screening at aGLIFF during the festival dates.
- Should have an interest in supporting the LGBTQIA community.
- Should also be willing to ask other friends to attend QYMP too.
- Applicants should be between 12-20 years old. (Unless otherwise arranged with instructor.)
- Please complete the entire application.
- $0 / all supplies included.
- Sorry, registration is now closed for this year... Check back again in 2018!
If you have any questions, call 512-236-8877 or email email@example.com.
If the applicant’s age is under or over the selected age range, please let us know and we can discuss if we have room in the class.