YOUTH & TEEN SUMMER CAMPS
"At their age, most of us just watched movies.
These young film buffs make them."
— Chris Garcia, Austin-American Statesman
Our award-winning Film & Digital Arts Camps lay the foundation for students to explore all creative aspects of such areas as: Digital Filmmaking, 2D Digital Animation, Special Effects with unique hands-on education & exercises on platforms such as Adobe Animate, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro X and professional tech tools and film gear. In our intensive two week creative camps, students work with industry professionals, real equipment and learn technical skills in production & post-production. Our programs are known for its award winning youth films with screenings at the Guggenheim Museum, AFI Film Festival, Chicago International Children's Film Festival, The Austin Film Festival, Austin Youth Film Festival, South by South West, Nashville Film Festival and many more. Austin School of Film provides Central Texas with a creative and empowering space for youth creatives to gather, learn, and create!
☟ F.A.Q. ☟
What are the dates of our 2018 summer camps?
- YOUTH CAMP: June 18 – June 29
- TEEN CAMP: July 9 – July 20
- Morning, afternoon, or *all-day* options are available for both our Teen & Youth camps— mix & match your fave subjects, then get ready for the best summer ever!!
What are the sizeS of our camps?
- We believe students should have a stronger teacher to student ratio. Our camps are capped at a maximum of 15 students and all have a minimum ratio of 3:15 teachers + students.
Does Austin School of Film provide campers lunch?
- Austin School of Film will provide snacks and beverages throughout the day. All day campers are required to bring a sack lunch. The last day of camp will be served as a screening party with pizza and beverages provided by ASoF! Enjoy some delicious pizza & view their new films with the other campers. We prefer students do not bring glass. Students are welcome to bring their own favorite snacks and beverages.
What is an "All-Day" Camper?
All Day Campers are students who enroll in a morning camp (10am - 1pm) and afternoon camp (2pm - 5pm). Campers can mix & match morning and afternoon camp sessions to customize to their interests for a full day of arts education, creation and fun! All Day Campers will have a scheduled lunch each day from 1pm - 2pm in their homeroom with movies, games, and activities. Lunch is not provided.
Are students permitted to leave school campus AT ANY TIME?
- No student is allowed to leave school campus during the duration of camp unless accompanied by their guardian/parent.
When is drop off and pick up?
- Earliest drop off time is 9:30AM for morning camp & 12:30PM for afternoon camp. If student is being picked up early for any reason, please notify our offices by call or email prior to the pick-up.
Are the contents of films created by campers censored?
- Austin School of Film does not believe in censoring our students. However, there are rules!
- No fake or real weapons or blood of any kind
- No cursing or foul language
- No mindless violence or inappropriate content.
- Our instructors are mindful of the creative flow of our students and will assure their film ideas are both conceived and constructed in a positive environment.
Does ASoF provide scholarships?
- Each camp session has 3 spots for scholarship students. If you are interested in applying for a scholarship for a camp, please contact us for more information.